Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Birthday Party and Art Appears in Salman Rushdie's Children's Book Trailer.

Scenes from my recent circus themed birthday party are in Salman Rushdie's book trailer on The New Yorker website. Salman's book sounds delightful. I must read it. Thank you to my friend Scott Dakota for sending me the link. Scott wrote:
My eye is in a beautiful book trailer for Salman Rushdie in The New Yorker. Which may sound like an odd turn, which it is... see brief eye cameo at 18 seconds, with art wheel by Cynthia von Buhler to the left. Sculpture cameo by Empire S.N.A.F.U. Restoration Project at 1:43. Haunting music by Sxip Shirey.

The art wheel Scott refers is called What I am Now You Will One Day Be. The piece can be seen more clearly in another You Tube video from different party.